Saturday, October 4, 2008

Are we insane???

As I mentioned in a previous post, this weekend is general conference for our church. There are 5 sessions. Each session is 2 hours long. There are two general session on Saturday and 2 general sessions on Sunday and then the fifth session is just for the men on Saturday night. This conference is broadcast on BYU tv which we get at home on the dish and also you can get a livestream on the internet. We have always watched at home. However, you can also go to our church building and watch it on a big screen. We have been having trouble being able to watch it at home. The kids (of course) just don't get it. Too many distractions at home. So, today we decided to go and watch it at the building. Yep, 4 hours of church! Ha ha, are we insane? Apparently not. The kids were amazing. I (of course) had to be prepared. I brought a BUNCH of fun stuff for them to do. Pipe cleaners, geoboards, pattern blocks with a pattern activity book, magazines, sticker books, dot to dot coloring books, construction paper, crayons, and of course snacks. What was entertaining to me was that I brought certain things with one child in mind to use them, and I was totally way off. I brought the pipe cleaners thinking that Cambria would really enjoy using them. She did play with them for a bit, but really had no clue what to do with them. Then, Stella got bug eyed about them and played with them for a good hour making all sorts of creations. A crown and easter basket were among the memorable ones for me. It was cool. I brought the pattern blocks and activity book for Stella because it was one of her favorites when I homeschooled her. Duh, that was 2 years ago. Ha ha! She played with it for about two minutes and then came and told me that it was too easy for her. Ok then. I told her to take them over to Cambria and show her how to do it. Yep, Cambria played with that for about an hour. That's a reallllly long time for Cambria to do ANYTHING. LOL! There were only a handful of people and we were the only crazy ones with kids, but we got sooo much more out of conference. It was very relaxing for me and I saw the kids looking up and listening every once in awhile. Imagine that. Soooo....we are off to do the same thing tomorrow. I'll let you know. ;)

0 comments: